Top Five Events for a Fun and Festive Fourth0
The Fourth of July is this Friday! How do you plan to celebrate our nation's independence? We're guessing there will be some sort of exploding pyrotechnics involved, weather permitting, of course!
There is never a shortage of things to do in Kalamazoo and July 4 is no exception. Check out our list of the top five places to take in a firework display this Friday below.
- Looking for a bird's eye view of area firework displays? Visit the Sky Deck for the 4th of July Fireworks 360 event. Take in the sights and sounds of local fireworks displays from the Kalamazoo skyline instead of a blanket in the grass this year. Advance tickets and limited reserved seating are available.
- The Rotary Club of Portage will sponsor its annual fireworks display on Friday at McCamley Field on Westnedge. The show is set to begin at dusk. Admission is free; donations will be accepted.
- Kalamazoo Speedway will host Stars & Stripes Enduro on Friday. The event will feature road course racing followed by fireworks as part of the Vores Compact Touring Series.
- Take a cruise to the Village of Schoolcraft for their 4th of July Celebration. This small town boasts a big party! Offering a variety of fun-filled activities for all ages, the community hosts one of the biggest parades in southwest Michigan. At dusk fireworks will be launched at Schoolcraft High School on the corner of 14th Street and Lyons.
- The Growlers, Kalamazoo's minor league baseball team, will take on the Lakeshore Chinooks for a July 4th home game at Homer Stryker Field. Dubbed "Red, White & BOOM Night," the game will feature giveaways and fireworks after the game. Come root on the home team and celebrate our nation's independence all at once!
What other places do you watch fireworks? Share your go-to fireworks displays in the comment section below!